Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My new slant on caffeine

L O V E
L O V E
L O V E
Love Tilt! Tilt Room as it's more formally known is my new favorite coffee house in Atlanta. If ya'll know me - ya' know I loves to caffeinate, sit and chat. This is the spot. Named, I'm sure, because the walls literally lean or tilt, this Castleberry Hill original is a comfy space to visit and sip. While hip and mod - it doesn't have the same cold feeling of a space like Sip in Lindbergh - which feels more self-consciously hip and isn't as comfortable.

Ikea and West Elm furnishings are familiar and comfortable. It's a nice balance between style and comfort. From the large, glass garage door [see photo below] that opens the front of the cafe to the sidewalk to the groovy TV viewing/yoga room in the rear, Tilt delivers a welcoming vibe - and a good mocha.

Of course - I thought the crooked bookshelves were part of the intelligent design. They were, actually, in need of repair as the books [available to read while sipping] were slipping off. OK - so that clever idea was just in my head. Intriguing art exhibits cleverly mounted to the slanted walls and individual flat TV screens for the 2-tops along one wall round out the neat space.






Cheers to Tilt











[photo from Tilt]
Just wish they were open on Sunday.

No comments: