Monday, April 21, 2008

Workin' at the car RINSE? Workin' at the car RINSE, yeah?

Chalk up another odd customer service experience to greed and bad decision making.

SHAME on the Chevron station at Ponce and Piedmont. Not only is their gas a full 20+ cents more than other local stations (YAY QT and Kroger)...but - on my way to meeting someone I encountered the MOST absurd thing I have in ages.

Ridiculous greed.

I put some gas in my car - as I was in a time crunch on the way to the airport to pick up a friend. I noticed a reduced rate for a car wash with purchase and since I haven't washed my car in months (per Mayor Shirley and Governor Sonny) - I thought I'd get it cleaned. So - I told the gentleman behind the plexi-wall that I wanted $10 gas and the $4 express wash (normally $5)...

When he told me that that wash was a rinse only - my jaw dropped. Nowhere NOWHERE did any signage mention that. In fact - the express was to include a "velvet brush wash" or some verbiage like that and a "spot free rinse" or such per the sign on the pump and at the counter...

SO - how would any car wash in any kind of good faith charge $4 to spray a car with water? AND - the sign clearly indicated a "wash" of some kind. Simple, pollen season greed.

I got $5 gas and left. Dirty and disgusted. Have you ever?

SHAME ON CHEVRON AT PONCE & PIEDMONT!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty lame. I'd be pissed too! I'm personally not a fan of the up-selling at the pump for car washes ... and selling a rinse is all time new low.

PS - Love the blog!