Monday, October 8, 2007

A few of my favorite words...

As I work to determine what this will be and why I'm doing it - I am utilizing the process of elimination to figure out what it won't be.

Will I comment on Bjork's next ostrich gown - should another pop up? Sure. But - will I be a snarky hanger-on a la Perez? No. It always irks me when someone that makes Michael Ailig look like George Will deigns to tell people how to dress or act and such...though there are many out there doing so that should look in the mirror.
In fact, the only "fashion experts" I seem to like anymore are Stacy and Clinton.

This also won't be some snotty, pretentious, uptight foodie blather. I've promoted and marketed some of the finest restaurants in New York (Jean-Georges, Chanterelle...) and was the national PR manager for Whole Foods, but I won't gush about Star Provisions' truffle burger at the expense of Checkers - real "foodies" appreciate both. Don't get me wrong, I adore Star Provisions and their meats and cheeses are simply astounding. I do, however, also love Aldi.

Public relations and marketing are a big part of my life - so I'll likely talk about that. Though - there will be no "tipping points" or other "salesulizations" or "aspirational" buzz speak.

Read at your own risk. Tell me what you want to know what I think about...

As the "About me" section says: "I watch too much TV, drink Diet Coke, think $300 jeans are absurd - but will pay $5 for my coffee drink experience [go figure]*, can't schmooze but can chat up a storm and occasionally make you laugh. For some reason people seek my style (fashion and home) advice. For some reason I LOVE giving it [apple...tree...thanks Mom]. I'm new to Atlanta and ready to share my warped ramblings about the world."

Here we go...

* - in case you wondered - it's an iced quad venti sugar-free hazelnut nonfat (or breve) latte...


3 comments:

Dave S. said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Michael! Here's hoping your blog is more intelligent than mine (which isn't hard to do).

Anonymous said...

Michael,
It's about frickin' time! I've personally enjoyed your thoughts, ideas and rants for the last 20 years. Now it's the world's turn.

Anonymous said...

Love the blog...looking forward to the fashion statements. Sorry about the Dalai!

xoxo