Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A tire gauge and a smug gesture...DRAW your own conclusions

This is just great. I love CBS Sunday Morning anyway... but this little segment really encapsulated the difference between our two presidential candidates. Normally everyone knows my political bent so I steer clear of political topics. But - it just paints such a clear picture between the two "choices."

Click HERE to see the cool video
[I am having a devil of a time embedding video - damn!]

McCain - the former firebrand, former independent thinker has really taken the Bush and party line (along with the hook and sinker) since 2000. His mad rush to drill off our shores would - EVENTUALLY, at best yield oil resulting in 1.4 billion gallons of gasoline per year - when all is said and done. And - when would that be?

Barack Obama's simple suggestion (just one little part of a greater plan) for all Americans to drive with properly inflated tires would save 3%. What's that? That equals 1.2 billion gallons of gasoline per year. One simple step. Immediate. Actionable.

The real difference lies in the good Senator from Arizona's response - which was keep big oil happy and to hand out tire gauges and smugly deride Senator Obama's suggestion. It's that same, smug, smart-ass, superior attitude that we've been saddled with for 8 years.

It's time for change. A generational change. A seismic change.

Meanwhile - I've gotta go. Gonna fill up my tires!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started, I mean it!

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started, I mean it!

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started, I mean it!

Michael Duffield said...

So...do you really mean it?

Anonymous said...

Oops! How did that happen??