Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reason #1,437,632 why Comcast is evil

Just a quick rant...

So funny how they make fun of the "big, expensive phone company..." When they jack rates around at will and fees and then when you call them on it - have no real answer. SO - I noticed that my cable went from $49.99 to $52.50. Sure - $2.51 may not sound like much...but when you're working to scare up consulting work - it all adds up. AND - why, exactly, do they deserve it?

I called to find out.

Well...Little Miss was so friendly. Then it happened. Not only did she tell me it went into effect in February or March [my fault for taking so long to call them, I know...]... But...

wait for it...

when pressed on what additional service or changes were made to warrant the hike

Little Miss told me that "it's like gasoline. It just goes up."

Cable is, in fact, NOTHING like gasoline. And - not only was that the most insanely inappropriate thing to say - but - she actually fanned the flames by telling I could get additional service by bumping up to the $79.99/ month package. When I explained that I had called because I already felt ripped off and wasn't prepared to spend EVEN MORE with the evil empire - she just ignored me.

When asked what the cheapest, most basic plan available was - I was told I had it. Isn't there a minimal, local, network [ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, FOX, CW] only plan that's really inexpensive - around $20 or so? There was in a previous Comcast market I lived in... If she lied - well...I guess it's no surprise.

COMCAST IS EVIL.

BOO COMCAST!!! Now I know why there are a million rants against them on the Consumerist [they are part of the sites "Sweet 16" worst companies] where I will, moving forward, let others' words tell the tales...

ACK!

No comments: