Thursday, September 28, 2017

An affordable way to start the day...








I've decided that as I trudge through these challenging times I'll share some little tips or treats that lift my spirit without reaching too far into my pocket (though that could also lift my spirits - if you will). 

Today's treat is a fun morning sip.

Iced Mocha. Big deal, right? Well - here's what I discovered. Steep 18 aseptic box of cold brew Arabica coffee for 99 cents (from the 99 Cent Plus store). Add a bit of milk of choice - mine is 2% from Aldi - and a squirt of Nesquik syrup - also from the 99 Cent Plus store - to a cocktail shaker. Shake it vigorously. Pour the nicely foamed chocolatey milk over the iced cold brew for a neat start to the morning. Cheers!

No - it's not Intelligentsia and Mast Brothers - but - it's tasty and starts the day off right.


Stay tuned for more spirit lifting and taste bud pleasing ideas to come…

No comments: