Friday, November 13, 2009

MET HOME 1974-2009 Another fave goes by the wayside...






















I have copies of Metropolitan Home from the early 80s... I have LONG been a fan of this, the least pretentious and most national, shelter pub.

Starting life as Apartment Life in 1974, Met Home was accessible not just aspirational. With city and regional editors - design, events, food from around the nation made its way to me - not just news from LA and NYC.

Originally a Meredith publication - I believe - it was ultimately Hachette Filapacchi that killed my long-time friend in favor of sister/competitor Elle Decor.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I've never been a huge ELLE Decor fan, but always a Met Home Fan. Dwell can be a little über-spartan for me and Met Home had lovely featured food and chefs, too. Much more lifestyle, I thought. It's hard times for shelter mags, I think, as most of us seem to have less and less disposable income. Still, it's nice to dream!

JoHi said...

That is too bad. I guess I'll stick with Atomic Ranch.

Mr. Glitter said...

Wow. Another one bites it.

What's next...Dwell?

XOXO