Friday, May 22, 2009

Service with a shrug©

Really Delta? Really?

Quelle drag... I've wearily grown accustomed to far-away call centers with heavily accented "service" agents named Howard or Tammy [Howard? Tammy?].

I don't mind the lack of pillows and hot food.

I can handle mergers and acquisitions.

But - when I'm trying to be brand loyal and am purchasing a ticket for a friend and want to add my Skymiles number only to be told [Tracy times because I couldn't understand him] that I don't get credit for my purchase - but that the passenger could put in their Skymiles number and then for $30 and a penny or nickel or ten cents per mile [I quit listening at this point] could transfer the miles to me - I had had it.

I really want the mainline legacy airlines to succeed - but - archaic, convoluted processes and practices that are unflinchingly unfriendly discourage me.

We love to fly and it shows?! Really?

No comments: