Monday, September 1, 2008

a summer Sunday in Atlanta - the next great American city...

SO - I finally got out of bed on Sunday. Donned a crisp white cotton shirt, red patchwork Madras shorts and my new butter-colored Converse All-Stars and set out on a walk.

As I strolled down the tree-canopied streets of my Midtown Atlanta neighborhood - I pondered the sturm und drang of my job search and the pursuit of new business... Would I have to leave my beloved new home to find work? What's next? My neck is beginning to exhibit the same stress aches that it did during the final weeks of my terrible tenure at Waterhouse PR in Chattanooga. Not a good sign.

But - the clear sky and warm air was relaxing.




I sat on a bench and began to unwind. The clear blue sky...the puffy white clouds...it was lovely. The breeze cooled the steamy summer air and kept my cool. It felt lush on my bare legs. I listened to the breeze rustling through the towering Oak trees and the shiny Magnolias...the Dogwoods...the Ginkgoes...it was lovely. In the distance - the faint sound of a trumpet wafted. Hilariously - it played "The Entertainer" and some Herb Alpert...it was a hoot...

The great equalizer of the city - its amazing green space - our Central Park - set my mind at ease. It was a lovely afternoon.

I hope I can stay here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your description of the beautiful city. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Loved your description of the beautiful city. Hang in there!

The Bitter Foodie said...

What a lovely post.

You WILL find something in ATL.

You don't have to leave.

XOXOXO

Unknown said...

I don't want to see you go any further away.

Stay. Enjoy your beautiful city. Everything will fall into place.

Anonymous said...

Go WEST young man, GO WEST.